Health & Safety
The safety of our audience, musicians, and staff is most important, so the Waco Symphony Association will follow these protocols during this season of the flu and Covid:
- We strongly request all attendees wear masks inside Waco Hall and throughout the concert for the protection of our vulnerable patrons. Thank you.
- Waco Symphony staff and Baylor ushers will be vaccinated and masked.
- Concessions in the lobby closed until further notice
- Hand sanitizing stations placed throughout the hall
- Increased sanitation measures on all surfaces and in restrooms
- Waco Hall’s filtration system has 6 air exchanges per hour and filters upgraded to MERV11.
- Seating is not socially distanced but is expected to be less than 1,000 people for October’s concert.
New Security Measures and Bag Policies
Baylor’s Department of Public Safety is enforcing new safety measures this year due to the size of Waco Hall.
Please arrive early to accommodate these new procedures:
- If you enter through the main doors, you will walk through
- If you enter through the side doors, security personnel with
wands will do a quick screening.
- Clear bag policy (please note BEFORE you
leave home and see the graphic below); clear bags help expedite
your entry into the hall.
The following bags are
permitted at Waco Hall:
- Clear bags that do not exceed 12” x 12” x 6”
- Items in clear bags may not exceed size limit of 6.5” x 4.5”
- Small clutch bags not exceeding 6.5” x 4.5” x 2” (roughly
the size of your hand) that do not have to be clear
- Purses, diaper bags,* cases (camera, binocular), backpacks,
fanny packs, printed pattern plastic bags, reusable grocery
totes, mesh or straw bags, duffel bags, large totes
*Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be put into a clear
bag, following requirements above, for venue entry.